Assist potential and existing business customers with their technology needs by providing them with AcenTek solutions. Maintain excellent after-sales relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support to Internet customers by troubleshooting software and hardware problems, and explaining features and service changes by performing the following duties:
- Provide technical support to Video/Internet customers by answering phone calls, gathering relevant information, troubleshooting and resolving software and technical hardware problems, and explaining features and service changes.
- Assist customers with video questions concerning set-top box programming and simple trouble shooting.
- Research complex Internet problems and issues to determine solutions.
- Responsible for providing and maintaining accurate records on Internet customer-specific information and files.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of computer operating systems: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, 2000; XP; Macintosh; Linux/Unix beneficial knowledge, but not required.
- Knowledge of Internet technologies, languages, and platforms such as: FTP; Email; HTTP; Networking, as related to Internet; must understand common file management programs, folders and understanding of OSS Model. Working knowledge of IP, IP Video, VoIP, DSL, and Application Servers. Knowledge of telecommunications is preferred.
- Need to acquire knowledge on 6 CCNT courses Basic Electricity, Basic Telecommunications, Basic Data Communications, Local Area Networks, Broadband Technologies, Voice over IP Essentials.
- Must be fully able to configure a PC or MAC to fully operate in all aspects of Internet and be fully able to configure any of the common Internet programs: Dial-up networking; Network protocols; Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 3.xx through 6.xx; Internet Mail; Microsoft Outlook Express; and Microsoft Outlook
- Skills in prioritizing and completing multiple projects. The ability to be well organized and accept responsibility for and work under occasional stressful situations with frequent interruptions.
- Skill in identifying problems and finding resolutions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate degree in Telecommunications/Networking or related area or equivalent experience with six months to one year related technical support experience and/or training. Must have knowledge of computer operating systems; hardware and software; languages, browsers, search procedures, search engines, platforms and applications; skill in operating various equipment including modems, Web TV units, etc. Must have analytical problem solving skills and excellent communication skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Cisco networking certification (prefer CCNA and/or MCSA). Previous ISP implementation, maintenance, and administration, and two years customer support experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid driver's license.